Sunday 6 July 2008

Japan day 6ish

Will update properly when I find a computer with a spare usb port to up load photos.

Im staying in the Khaosin Annex tonight which is a hostel about 5mins, from the one I was staying in. Its bigger, and the computers seem to actually run at a reasonable rate and there are alot more people staying here.

This week I have been everywhere, there or only a few places in Tokyo left to see, so im off to Kyoto with Josh and Kevin, two Canadians I met on the 2nd night for 6 nights on wednesday, then think will be heading to hiroshima then Osaka on the Bullet train.

I few points, no one walks when there isnt a green man on at crossing even if there arent any cars in sight, also there is basically no litter here, despite there being bins anywhere. I can carry an empty bottle of water for half an hour before finding somewhere to put it.

Recycling is a massive deal here, everything is separated in to burnable, none burnable, plastics, papers etc takes abit longer to put something in the bin but not that hard.

Prices here are like London prices, the tube is cheap, food can be cheap or expensive depending on what you want and where you want to eat. Ive had udon, yakatori and ramen, ive avoided the shark balls so far.

Found the tokyo anime centre, found the most awesome t-shirt but it was 6000yen about 30 pounds so left it, but today in Harajuku I found a Thrasher skate shop and got a cool shirt for 4000yen about 20pounds.

Il be able to give a more accurate account of this week when I can upload my photos and use them to jog my memory. I'm in this hostel tomorrow night aswell so might head to akihabara and pick up a usb splitter.

Also if you come to Japan, everyone wants to go to reponggi, its where all the westerners go to get drunk, dont waste your time, the place is full of niggerians trying to get you into their bars etc, not to bad but they will follow you and as soon as you get rid of one another one comes along so you walk a few paces without getting harrased which kinda sucks.

Anyway il update with photos later

No comments: